Great opportunity for an experienced electrician to join our state-of-the-art cement manufacturing facility in north-central Arizona!
As a Plant Maintenance Electrician, you will be responsible for the electrical maintenance, inspection, installation and repair of all instrumentation and electrical equipment at the cement plant. Requires an understanding of the critical nature of supporting the production functions at the Plant through excellent and professional service, while ensuring safe work procedures and compliance with environmental regulations and product quality requirements.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a full benefits package and competitive pay. The successful candidate must be available to work all shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. Comprehensive training is provided.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Profile
- Associate degree in related electrical program and 2 years of practical experience (Cement Plant desirable) or at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated knowledge of application, testing, maintenance and repair of industrial equipment
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Reads and produces technical drawings, sketches, and wiring diagrams; shows as-built changes.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Performs activities related to the electrical maintenance, inspection, installation, and/or repair of all instrumentation/electrical equipment of the cement plant such as motors, remote I/Os, VFDs, PLCs, soft starters, control panels, motor control centers, instruments, analyzers, wiring among others.
- Schedules, and performs preventative maintenance, repair, and calibration of all electrical cement plant equipment (motors, MCCs, control panels, VFDs, etc.).
- Maintains appropriate records and establishes maintenance and inspection schedules in coordination with the Preventive Maintenance group.
- Ensures proper cleaning, adjustment and/or greasing of electrical parts.
- Analyzes procedures and methods and seeks improvements.
- Inspects completed work for conformity to statutory and company regulations, checks integrity of equipment used and ensures that all required tests are done prior to turn back equipment or system to operations.
- Ensures that safety procedures are followed on all work assignments.
- Completes work as requested by the Electrical department manager/supervisor/lead or other plant supervisors to support plant operations.
At M&J we understand that our team members are the key to our success. We support our employees through a competitive compensation package and flexible benefits programs designed to meet the diverse needs of families. Benefits offering include medical, dental vision, life insurance, disability, voluntary accident and hospital, paid time off and a 401k program with up to a 4% employer match after one year!